Dr. Fritz, DDS
WILLIAM S. FRITZ – In 1870, he came west, locating near Watrousville, in Tuscola County. He taught school for four winter terms in the township of Juniata, and one term each in Akron, Fair Grove, Gilford and Almer; also one term in Stockbridge, Ingham County. In 1871, he studied dentistry, and from that time until 1878, he practiced that profession in summer and teaching in winter. In 1878 however, he devoted his time solely to the practice of his profession, and from a very meager business succeeded in building up a very lucrative practice. His sons, Thomas, Fred and Percy continued the family tradition as dentists in Tuscola County. His old sign hangs in our museum.